5 Joining the Voyager Club is easy. Read the membership requirements below. If you meet the requirements, go to the registration link at the bottom of this page. Give us a week to process your application. We'll contact you by email with confirmation of membership. Be sure to check your email regularly.
Requirements for Membership
1. You must be between the ages of 12 and 15 and a student at Renaissance Academy, a public K-9 charter school in Lehi, Utah.
2. You cannot have a grade below a "C-" on your report card in math or science.
3. Reports cards are due for review every term. Grades below a
"C -" disqualifies you from active membership until the grade has been raised.
4. Membership requires attendance at the monthly meetings. Occasional absences are understood. Contact us with questions regarding attendance if you have extenuating circumstances which could make regular attendance difficult.
5. Respectful behavior, manners, and a willingness to complete projects and assignments is expected.
6. Volunteering as a mentor for the grades 3-6 Young Astronaut Squadrons and on the USS Voyager starship simulator at Renaissance Academy is encouraged. Volunteering is our way of giving back to the educational community.
7. Yearly LDM fees are due every September.
Club fee: $42 per person, per school year. Fee assistance is available for families on free or reduced lunches.
Payment of club fees is required before completing the club registration form.
Voyagers participate in the monthly Long Duration Mission program.
Using the Voyager simulator as a "magical school bus" each LDM EdVenture takes the cadets to undiscovered corners of the galaxy where they "explore strange new worlds, seek out new life and new civilizations, and boldly go where no man has gone before." The missions are episodic. The story builds and intensifies each month - culminating in the final climatic mission in May.
Voyagers attend monthly meetings held after school or on Saturdays. Meetings include missions in the USS Voyager, training in the USS Voyager Starship Simulator and lessons on the history of spaceflight, cosmography, computer programming, and general STEM topics. Voyagers may also specialize by joining one of the club's departments: Medical, Engineering, Graphic Design (Tacticals), and Drama.
Voyagers are allowed to volunteer aboard the USS Voyager Starship Simulator at Renaissance Academy, Lehi.
Voyagers mentor younger students in the Young Astronaut Long Duration Mission program (grades 3-6). Voyagers may also volunteer to help with both camps and private mission bookings on the Voyager.