Joining Project Voyager is easy. Fill out the membership application (the links are at the bottom of this page) and mail it to the address given on the application with a copy of your last report card, Give us a week or two to process the application. We'll contact you by email with confirmation of membership if you meet Project Voyager's requirements. Be sure to check your email regularly.
Requirements for Membership
1. You must be between the ages of 12 and 17. Preference is given to students from Renaissance Academy, a public K-9 charter school in Lehi, Utah. NON-RENAISSANCE ACADEMY STUDENTS MUST RECEIVE PERMISSION TO SUBMIT AN APPLICATION. CONTACT THE PROGRAM DIRECTOR BY PHONE OR EMAIL.
2. You cannot have a grade below a C on your report card.
3. Reports cards are due for review every term. Grades of C- or lower disqualifies you from membership for that term. Your membership is reinstated when you meet the minimum grade requirement.
4. Membership requires attendance at the monthly meeting. Occasional absences are understood. Contact us with questions regarding attendance if you have extenuating circumstances which could make regular attendance difficult.
5. Respectful behavior, manners, and a willingness to complete projects and assignments is expected. Remember, Project Voyager is staffed entirely by volunteers. Your good behavior, attendance, and attention to assignments shows gratitude for their time, talents, and expertise.
6. Volunteering as a mentor for a Farpoint Cadet Squadron and on the USS Voyager starship simulator at Renaissance Academy, Lehi is expected. Cadet volunteering is our way of giving back to the educational community.
7. A club membership and t-shirt fee is due with your application. Checks, cash, or money orders are accepted. Checks are made out to Renaissance Academy.
Project Voyager students in grades 7 and 8 can join the Long Duration Mission program offered through the Farpoint Cadet Program.
Using the Voyager simulator as a "magical school bus" each LDM EdVenture takes the cadets to undiscovered corners of the galaxy where they "explore strange new worlds, seek out new life and new civilizations, and boldly go where no man has gone before."
Voyagers attend monthly usually held the third Saturday of each month. Meetings include training in the USS Voyager Starship Simulator along with lessons on the history of space flight, cosmography, computer programming, and general STEM topics. Voyagers may also specialize by joining one of the club's departments: Medical, Engineering, Graphic Design (Tacticals), and Drama.
Voyagers volunteer on the USS Voyager simulator at Renaissance Academy, Lehi.
Project Voyager membership includes mentoring students in the Farpoint Cadet Long Duration Mission program. Voyagers are assigned to Farpoint flight squadrons for their LDM missions in the USS Voyager starship simulator at Renaissance Academy, Lehi.