Joining the Voyager Club is easy. First, read the membership requirements below. If you meet the requirements, go to the membership link at the bottom of this page. Give us a week or two to process the application. We'll contact you by email with confirmation of membership if you meet the Voyager Club's requirements. Be sure to check your email regularly.
Requirements for Membership
1. You must be between the ages of 12 and 17. Preference is given to students from Renaissance Academy, a public K-9 charter school in Lehi, Utah.
2. You cannot have a grade below a B- on your report card in math or science.
3. Reports cards are due for review every term. Grades below a B- disqualifies you from membership for that term. Your membership is reinstated when you meet the minimum grade requirement.
4. Membership requires attendance at the monthly meetings. Occasional absences are understood. Contact us with questions regarding attendance if you have extenuating circumstances which could make regular attendance difficult.
5. Respectful behavior, manners, and a willingness to complete projects and assignments is expected. Remember, the Voyager Club is staffed entirely by volunteers. Your good behavior, attendance, and attention to assignments shows gratitude for their time, talents, and expertise.
6. Volunteering as a mentor for the grades 3-6 Young Astronaut Squadrons and on the USS Voyager starship simulator at Renaissance Academy is encouraged. Volunteering is our way of giving back to the educational community.
7. Yearly LDM fees are due every September 1.
Voyagers participate in the Long Duration Mission program.
Using the Voyager simulator as a "magical school bus" each LDM EdVenture takes the cadets to undiscovered corners of the galaxy where they "explore strange new worlds, seek out new life and new civilizations, and boldly go where no man has gone before."
Voyagers attend monthly meeting held after school and Saturdays. Meetings include training in the USS Voyager Starship Simulator along with lessons on the history of spaceflight, cosmography, computer programming, and general STEM topics. Voyagers may also specialize by joining one of the club's departments: Medical, Engineering, Graphic Design (Tacticals), and Drama.
Voyagers volunteer on the USS Voyager simulator at Renaissance Academy, Lehi.
Voyager membership includes mentoring students in the Young Astronaut Long Duration Mission program (grades 3-6). Voyagers are assigned to LDM flight squadrons for their simulator missions in the USS Voyager starship simulator at Renaissance Academy, Lehi.